Sunday, October 11, 2009

Red Bar Radio Podcast Review

Since the Red Bar Radio podcast is considered the most popular podcast on podcastalley.com I decided to give it a shot. After listening to the first twenty minutes of the show I could see why the show was so popular.

The 3 commentators on the show are crude, but not Howard Stern crude, and insightful at the same time. Specifically, the show that came out on October 9th primarily discussed why President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. Like most people I talked with the day it was announced, I was puzzled and a little annoyed that he won. But after listening to Red Bar Radio's host, Mike D's, opinion on the subject I backed off on my own views. Mike D made an interesting point that the key word that most people are forgetting about in this issue is "prize." Getting a prize has nothing to do with deserving it. As one of the commentators remarked, "Do you really think anyone on the "The Price Is Right" deserves to win any of the crap they give away?" Indeed, Obama should not be criticized for receiving the Nobel Peace Prize, however, I still believe that the people who decided to give it to him need their brains examined.

So the show's commentary is insightful and hilariously crude at the same time. I found myself laughing and nodding my head at all their observations about the stupid things that people do on Facebook.

Technically, the show is well made too. The theme song to introduce the show was professionally done and the sound effects they used certainly added to the humor of the commentary rather than distracting people from what they were saying like some podcasts tend to do.

If you aren't a fan of shock jocks or bad language then I wouldn't reccommend this podcast to you. Otherwise, it's an entertaining show with great commentary about current topics or trends.

1 comment: